Sunday, December 28, 2008

Frank Luck

"Henceforth I ask not good fortune. I myself am good fortune." -Walt Whitman

It's about 3:00am on a Sunday morning and my world is rocking along just fine. My lovely wife and I are enjoying the peaceful quiet that emptynesters feel after the holiday storm.

Our visiting children have returned to the places where they are tending to their young adult lives. Our youngest has had the opportunity to feel what a holiday away from home is like (honestly, I don't think she particularly cared for the taste of it).

With all that's happened in the past year, I guess I'm feeling cautiously optimistic about 2009.



It's probably going to become a tradition.

The upside down Jesus Tree seemed to be a shockingly good hit, sparking debate and showing just how twisted my "Action Wife" Mrs. Frank can be.

Heh-heh, I bet people thought it was my idea.



I'll remember this month for many of the gifts that I received during the holiday season, covering the snow on the grapevine. . .



. . .the bug that was hanging with me for the better part of two (soon to be three) weeks and also for the photo shoot I had with Colonel Paul Skolnick.



Colonel Paul is working on a new music project, but I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to reveal at this point (shush, I may have said too much already).



I just wanted to mention it because I had a really great time working on the photos for the project. Time has always been my most precious commodity. It frustrates me when I'm out sick. It's difficult to not feel like I'm spinning my wheels when I could be working on something and being productive.



I'm lucky.

Lucky in that my time freely given towards doing something I enjoy doesn't always require a price tag. That being said, Knowing that photos I took will likely become a part of someone else's family history, grants me a small precious form of immortality. In my experience it also makes a ripple of good will that resonates beyond the scope of the thing being done.

Not everyone has that opportunity. Not many would value it over money. I'm not so rich or so foolish as to not realize the financial value in what I do.



It is, at least for me, of sufficient value to have answered when asked, by doing what needed to be done.

It is not dependent on denomination or season, it is entirely and wholeheartedly based on faith. My faith in people.

I'm going to grab some breakfast and figure out how to best make little or no use of my day. I know I haven't said it recently, but thank you for taking the time to read the things I write. I appreciate your time. I promise to try not to waste it.

Happy Sunday.

3 comments:

Horonto said...

Love the inverted Christmas tree. How about some images of how you rigged it.

Merry Christmas BF & family?

beFrank said...

Horonto - I wish I could claim some credit, but it was bought like that from in a store DAC (Day After Christmas)sale.

Merry Merry to you and yours!

fghu said...

Tried to reply a minute ago, excuse if repeat. Like your blog a lot, must be a real time investment.
OK, so how/where do you buy an inverted Christmas tree? More importantly, why? Laughing here.

Happy happy -