Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Enjoying Venice Beach, CA (Part II + 1)

Last week was fun, but kind of brutal. I got beat down by long hours and Los Angeles traffic.

The hours don't bother me so much, but the traffic just has a way of sucking the "sure, I want to do another live shot" right out of me.



After a week like that, I'm thinking maybe I deserved a long weekend. Gee, I knew you'd agree, so I took the day off.



Taking time off isn't always an easy decision to make. You never know when you might miss something.

This was an easy call, because I actually did have the time available and I was tired and I needed it and the best reason of all; my youngest daughter is in town for a visit.



Taking the day off would give us a chance to just get out and spend some time together. She'll be turning 21 in a few days and also graduating from college this year.

Time flies.

Anyway, the youngest and I spent part of the day enjoying a nice lunch together at the Enterprise Fish Co.

She had the garlic grilled shrimp with salad and rice. I had mahi-mahi, steamed clams, and parmesan mashed potatoes.



. . .also a Stella Artois beer.



After the meal, we had a nice stroll along Venice Beach.



You know, I like Venice Beach. There's always something to see and photograph. Maybe a little light on weirdness today, but still, not bad for a Monday.



The youngest and I hung out together for most of the afternoon. Nothing much of interest happened, but I figured I'd share a few pictures with you and tell you about my day.

I'm relaxed and ready to face whatever the world of news throws at me tomorrow.

(Actually, I'm thinking I should have had a second beer with lunch)

Peace.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

3 comments:

LisaNewton said...

I love Venice Beach and never get tired of seeing what's happening there.

What a great way to spend time with your daughter.............:)

Jonathan Alcorn said...

Brian, nice talking to you last week at Air Force One.your blog rocks!

beFrank said...

Thanks and right back at you. I just to look at yours and added you to my beFriended list.