Friday, May 29, 2009

He's Out There.

Some time back, I believe I was actually there at Parker Center for the press conference that tied together the dozen victims of the South Los Angeles murderer now being called "The Grim Sleeper."



Yesterday I was at Parker Center to cover a press conference/protest related to the same case.

The group of people holding the press conference were up in arms over the state of the investigation.



They blasted the media and the LAPD for not doing enough to protect the community.  They blasted us both also for not doing enough to solve this case.



This is a horrible crime.  The idea that a serial killer is walking the streets of Los Angeles is something I'm sure most people don't even want to consider.

I hope they catch the person responsible.  We covered the story yesterday, but I'll likely be assigned to something else today.

It's been a rough couple of weeks.  I'm glad it's Friday.

Hey, ACTIVISTS--

Wait. . .no, don't get me started.  Everybody just enjoy the weekend.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

2 comments:

Ric said...

Maybe I'm slow, but what exactly is the news media supposed to do to stop a serial killer other than stay out of the police department's way?

Vanessa D. Alexander said...

They need someone to blame. It's fear. Not saying it's right, but Understandable.