Monday, June 29, 2009

Model Mayhem

You know it's been a rough month for me, but slowing down hasn't been an option. I promised a friend from work to shoot some still pictures of clothing and jewelry she designs for use on her web site.

"A man's got to know his limitations."



I learned that from Clint Eastwood in a "Dirty Harry" movie back in the day. That phrase came to mind once or twice as I was trying (let's hope successfully) to do a good job on the photos.



I think I have a pretty good idea of what I can do in the world of still photography. I'm almost, but not quite ready to call it more than a hobby, even though I'm flattered that a lot of people don't agree with me.



I'm close, but I still have my passion for news and writing and if I had seventeen more hours in the day, I'd make all three my priority.



As it is, I just do what I can and do my best to juggle.

My total number of hours for sleeping per week is probably lower than when I had kids at home and I've gotten intimately familiar with what exhaustion feels like.

Kind of like being rocked to sleep (literally with rocks), in case you were wondering.



So, I found myself in the very enviable position of having the opportunity to work with nine models of different ages, different shapes, and different ethnicities.



It wasn't a paid job. I was doing it to help someone else. What I was getting out of it was simply the opportunity to shoot pictures and maybe with the experience, get better at something I enjoy.



So far, I think everyone who has seen the shots are happy with them. Some pictures work better than others and I learned a lot that I'll be able to apply next time.

Like, I know now that I have to save up to buy some additional gear.



But more importantly, I got a chance to prove I can work with beautiful models in a professional setting and not collapse in a drooling stuttering lump on the floor.

Yeah, we weren't positive that wasn't going to happen.

Even though I think I know my own limitations, I'm just thankful for the opportunity to show you don't have to accept them.



Thanks again to everyone for participating. Someday when I tell other guys what it was like to photograph beautiful women, you can be sure I'm going to be a gentleman and be honest about most things.

About a few things, I think I'm going to lie like a dog.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

3 comments:

dkgoodman said...

Great shots! Looks like pro work to me!

When you try to click a photo, the link takes you to a page that's private, instead of linking to the static photo itself.

darleene said...

That looked like Alex the newsroom operator in one of the pictures. :)

Anonymous said...

HL
情趣用品

提供上千種成人商品線上購物服務--專營情趣商品、男女自慰用品、性感睡衣、情趣用品批發、自慰套、SM商品、逼真情趣娃娃、跳蛋、按摩棒、同志用品、TENGA飛機杯..,可線上刷卡及貨到付款。 ... 收到的東西會有情趣用品的字樣嗎? 轉帳之後,如何通知這筆款項是我付的
導航