Friday, July 31, 2009

Save the Child.

Police are looking for Marcas Fisher.  He may be the person responsible for the death of his stepson, six year old Dae'von Bailey.

Sure, innocent until proven guilty, but I just don't think it's very likely that he didn't do it.



On Wednesday this week, I was at a press conference in front of the house where Dae'von was killed.  Community leaders were asking for the public's help in finding Fisher and also asking for donations to help the family pay for Dae'von's funeral expenses.



It's such a sad story, there's nothing of substance I can really add to it.  My observations just seem so trivial compared to the overwhelming sadness that I saw in the faces of the people who knew Dae'von.



I wanted to feel angry, but it just wasn't in me at the time.  I've been mad before about the violence in stories I've covered.  It gets to the point sometimes that the anger just doesn't have anywhere to go.

It becomes frustration.  Frustration over the things I can't control.

I see so much in news, heck, in life in general that should be more important or more closely considered, but isn't.



At the time, I think I wanted to be more angry, but all I had in me was my normal calm and a focus on doing my job.  That's a pretty safe place emotionally when the story is this tragic.

I got the shots I needed.  When Dae'von's mother cried, I zoomed my lens in a little closer.  When people began to sing, I was right there recording the good compelling video and sound.

Hearts were broken by the death of Dae'von Bailey and I can't do anything to change that.  I hope the media attention helps in finding Marcas Fisher, but I know that what I really want is for this kind of violence to never happen again.



Sometimes it's enough to know that anyone can help the world by being a good person, doing right and trying not to hurt anyone.

Yeah, sometimes it's not enough, but what are you going to do?

I'm lucky.  I'm blessed.  I'm thankful.  I just do my job.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

提供最佳的十大生活資訊與分享:
你知道哪裡有好吃的蛋糕嗎!
你知道白蟻如何防治嬤!
汽車隔熱紙一定是越貴越好嬤!
哪一種棧板是具有環保!
台中哪一家整形醫師縫雙眼皮最讓妳滿意!
關鍵字的搜尋行銷要領
如果要高雄旅遊,讓我告訴你高雄縣旅遊觀光景點
會計事務所到底是做哪些事!
長期照顧老人看護要如何選擇
哪裡可以選到價廉物美的服飾批發!