Thursday, September 03, 2009

Little Sleep and Jumping Models.

I've been busy for almost two weeks with the Station Fire that's burning up a pretty good chunk of Los Angeles County.  That kept me from doing most of the things I normally try to do in the five minutes a day that I'm not out shooting news or tending to my online life.

Yup, most of my life has been put on hold for the last couple of weeks, but I'm happy that I managed to squeeze in a still photo shoot that I'd committed to shoot before the fires all started.



I'd been up (unexpectedly) until 3:00am covering the fires, but the modeling shoot was all arranged and outside of. . .oh, say. . .the models and designer. . .



. . .my being there as the photographer was just probably one of the more important elements needed to make this shoot happen.



Keep in mind that I had already worked six long days in a row and I'm doing all this without the benefit of coffee or similar caffeinated beverage.



Luckily, I had assistance from James Kang and Andrea Santana.  They both volunteered the better part of their Sunday to play the role of photographer's assistants/second unit camera-picture-taker-people. . .



. . .okay, I don't even if their jobs have an official title.  They helped me a lot and I wouldn't have been able to do this shoot without them.

It might not be true, but I have it in mind that mega-star fashion still photographers drink, party and recreate all night, then get propped up on set and assistants shove a Hasselblad in front of their boozey blurry faces.



I'm not there yet, but I can dream.

My assistants at least let me have first crack at the donuts.  Hmm, I think I better have that written into all (any?) future contracts.

Article One: Befrank gets first crack at the donuts.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We owe it to someone else's achievements in health and thus feel joy, depending on the success of others as if their achievements, and this is the Buddha mind. Always hold the interests of all sentient beings of the heart, we can not leave the joy forever.
www.cosmifilm.com.tw
www.cosmifilm.com.tw/index.htm
www.cosmifilm.com.tw/pro1.htm
www.cosmifilm.com.tw/product2.htm
www.pandora-mall.com
www.pandora-mall.com/default.asp
www.pandora-mall.com/info/guide.asp
www.pandora-mall.com/info/view.asp?id=1

Anonymous said...

We owe it to someone else's achievements in health and thus feel joy, depending on the success of others as if their achievements, and this is the Buddha mind. Always hold the interests of all sentient beings of the heart, we can not leave the joy forever.
www.cosmifilm.com.tw
www.cosmifilm.com.tw/index.htm
www.cosmifilm.com.tw/pro1.htm
www.cosmifilm.com.tw/product2.htm
www.pandora-mall.com
www.pandora-mall.com/default.asp
www.pandora-mall.com/info/guide.asp
www.pandora-mall.com/info/view.asp?id=1

dkgoodman said...

Great shots, as always. Love the bottom shot, with the legs bent.

I'm wondering how the "jump shots" would look with something extra to help convey the feeling of motion. Like a scarf or other trailing object that could float in the air. Just a thought. :)

Wow Gold said...

wow ! what a blog

Wow Gold said...

wow ! what a blog