Monday, October 05, 2009

October Photography Mayhem.

You know that candle that some busy people burn at both ends?  Yeah, well, mine is fully engulfed in flame.

Busy, busy, busy.  That's every day of the week it seems, but I keep telling myself that it'll all be worthwhile.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I wish I could give you a detailed rundown of my weekend activities.  Heck, I wish I had time to fill in some of the gaps from work last week.

All I can do is just toss up a few pictures from the photo shoot I had on Sunday and hope I get to work on time.



I wish I had time to come up with some words of wisdom to go along with the pictures, but really this is just about me doing what I've been trying to do for the last several months.

I'm trying to be better at something I enjoy.  I'm trying to be better by jumping in with both feet and just doing the thing that I want to do.

We're talking about still photography.



I'm juggling a lot these days and my free time is being spent with a lot of research and studying.  I'm chewing through stacks of books, magazines and websites on photography.  If I could take a class or seminar, I would.  If I could pay someone to teach me I'd do that.  If I could volunteer to learn from someone who knows what they're doing, that would also be something I'd consider.

My life just never seems to work very well with set schedules and appointments.

I lost $40.00 a couple of weeks ago on a seminar that I had to miss because of a schedule conflict.  Ouch.  That stung, but it would have hurt me greatly if it had been one of the more expensive ($300-$2,000 dollars*) photography seminars I've considered recently.



So, I just do what I can.  I take pictures.  I take a lot of pictures and I'll keep taking pictures.  Every now and then, I take one that somebody looks at and says, "Wow."

That feels pretty good when that happens.

Someday I hope I can make that happen more often.  Until then, I'll just keep doing what I can do.

My thanks to Katy, Rosie and Michelle for modeling and also Shahada for the makeup and James for helping out.  It all seemed to go well and I appreciated everyone taking part.

I've got a long way to go and I'm not sure where I'm going exactly, but I certainly think I can get there.



* Yeah, I think we all know that $2,000 dollar seminar wasn't really a serious consideration.
Blogged with the Flock Browser