Sunday, January 31, 2010

Grammy Now(ish).

The plan was to update the blog every couple of hours from the SAT truck I'm running for CBS Newspath. Well, I'm going to let that plan kind of quietly fade from mind. It just seemed we were too busy and the internet connection was just a little too pokey.



Anyway, I'm here at the Grammy Awards. Wait, did I say, at? Let's call it, "near" the Grammy Awards. I enjoyed full access to the red carpet area prior to the start of the show, but I'll be tied to the SNG truck for the most celebrity filled parts of the day.



I don't know if they reconfigured the set up with the intention of thwarting my ability to snap a few (dozen? hundred?) music industry candid photographs.



The camera positions used be on the same side of the tent as the production vehicles. It used to be nothing for me to pop out of the truck and peek into the tent for a couple of quick grabs with my still camera.

Sadly, those days are gone. The tent is sealed on my side and it's too far to even think about trying to slip inside for a quick pic.



At least not now, while there's celebutantes in the house.

That's okay, I'm not that much of a paparazzi anyway. I just really like to take pictures.



The people who read my blog might not find it as interesting of a picture, but I'm sure Jose Bravo (who I've known since he was a high school intern for the Hawthorne CATV Department) has at least a few dozen friends, family and fans who will get a kick out of seeing his picture on my blog.

It's kind of cool. I like bumping into old friends. Especially someone like Jose who was in high school and hadn't really considered a career in TV,



I wasn't ever sure it was a career that Jose might have been willing to stick with, but he's out here doing the job. That's pretty cool to have been there when he first got involved with TV and video. Glad he stuck it out and as a matter of fact, I think he's inside working on the red carpet.

If he is, I hope he has a camera and can get me a few celebrity pictures.

Maybe more a little later.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comment:

#167 Dad said...

The life of Bryan Frank looks pretty exciting to me...