Tuesday, February 02, 2010

In a Good Press Room

It was a long day at work running the satellite uplink truck for the CBS Newspath at the Grammy Awards on Sunday.

I think most people, when they read that will only focus in on "Grammy Awards" and tend to picture me hanging out on the red carpet talking to celebs.

Sometimes that is true. It wasn't this past Sunday, but hey, sometimes it is.



Case in point, last night I had a plum assignment covering the 25th anniversary/Haiti relief fundraising re-recording of "We Are the World" in Hollywood.

This was an awesome assignment. A big part of my love for the job I do is that it's always a cool thing to cover events that are likely to be noted historically. I know photographers who covered the original session and I'm pretty jazzed to have gotten to see up close a lot of the musicians who were a part of the project this time around. Of course, I only recognized about half of the musical celebrities who came back to the press area, but some, like Lionel Richie, Quincy Jones and Vince Vaughn were easy even for me to pick out.

The folks organizing the event were very clear on the prohibition of still cameras in the video press area, but I was able to do a few screen grabs to hook up a little slide show for this posting.

There are 32 pictures in the slide show. Anyone care to make a stab at naming the artist? Heck, I might not even be able to dispute what you come up with. It's kind of bad, but I don't know everyone and their names were announced before they came in.

1 comment:

#167 Dad said...

Dude, you have a cool job...
You have a shotof Randy, the Aerican Idol guy.