Thursday, May 13, 2010

Liz or No Liz. . .

. . .the news must go on.

It's good that I don't make all the decisions covering news at my station, because sometimes I'm wrong. Heck, depending who you ask, we should probably look at things the other way around and consider that sometimes I'm actually right.

The glass is half full.



Yesterday I was covering the red carpet at the premiere of a new documentary on one of the fashion industry's biggest icons of the 70's. The Studio 54 loving Halston.



Being a slave to fashion myself (pause for snickering, it's okay I was kidding) I jumped at the opportunity to cover this story. Okay, I'm being honest about jumping at the opportunity.

The real reason I was so eager to cover the story though, was because there was a slight possibility that Elizabeth Taylor would be making an appearance.



She didn't.

Neither did very many other celebs. As far as red carpets go, there wasn't a lot of action going on. It still seemed like a fun movie to see and I did get a chance to talk to the director.

Next time, I do hope that LACMA chooses another spot to roll out the red carpet. I don't know if it's just this time of year, but the sun was killing us. The director and his entourage came out and started to get the ball rolling at one point.



Then somebody decided to give it a few more minutes to let the sun set a bit more.



Heck, I was okay with that.



It didn't matter too much, because it was a very brief red carpet event. I thought it was pretty cool to have the opportunity to see Beverly Johnson. She was a big part of modeling history, being the second full faced black model to appear on the cover of Vogue magazine.

That's pretty much verbatim from her Wikipedia entry. I'll be honest. I didn't really remember who she was until I looked her up.



There were a couple of designers and another model or two that posed for pictures, but without Liz Taylor, I thought for shure this was going to be a non-story.

I would have bet money on it.



As it turned out, Entertainment Reporter Christina McLarty managed to turn a short VOSOT on it for late n the 8pm newscast.



All I know, is that this Halston guy must have been a lot more famous than I realized. It's nice to learn and be exposed to new experiences and knowledge through my job.

Heh-heh, me like knowing stuff.

By the way, speaking of knowing stuff, if anybody can tell me who this person is, I would appreciate it. The event was over and I was packing up to head out for another assignment (maybe lunch) when I stopped to snap a quick couple of pictures.

She kind of has a look on her face like she knows I don't really know who she is. She's probably wondering why I'm taking her picture.

Pfft, I guess she doesn't know who I am either.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comment:

#167 Dad said...

sorry you missed LT. Fantastic shots anyhow.