Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Always Considered, Never Lightly.

Last week it was fires.  This week it's mostly helping the ENG maintenance guys by being the guinea pig on the new edit system install.

I still kind of miss last week when I was running a satellite truck up in Tehachapi for the big fire up there that destroyed quite a few homes.



I haven't said it in a while, but I think it bears repeating, that I don't ever hope for anything bad to happen.  There's plenty enough bad going on in the world without me or anyone working in news wanting for things to cover.



There's always just going to be a competitive eagerness to be there to do the job.  Nobody wants to sit around and I'd rather cover a large story that serves the public's interest if the option is mine to choose.



By the same token, I know I could find another way to make a living if in some freaky Schrödinger's cat paradox, bad things would stop happening to people if I stop putting it on TV.



Somehow, I don't think that's how things work, so I think I'm going to continue covering the news.

Sometimes that's going to be more difficult than others, but I guarantee you, just to see the pain and suffering of people won't ever be the point of what I do.



Working hard to bring home an accurate account of the events that happen in the world is way more to the point of my job.  Somewhere in the course of any assignment, I hope there's always room for compassion without risking the public's trust in that I'm not censoring what's important.

I wish i could ramble some more, but it's 5:30am.  Time for me to go to work.



If I seem eager, that's just because I'm lucky that my job is interesting to me.

You might not believe I'm being sincere, but I'll still say a little prayer in the hope that nothing bad happens to anyone.  I'm not being a hypocrite, I think that's just me being human.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comment:

clementina said...

Hi,

Nice post, I like this post.

I 've added your blog to My Friend's Blog Roll at

http://satellitesnews.blogspot.com So would you put my blog too, on you...

you can get healthy traffic from us and our visitors can get relative and useful information form your site.


Hope you would add my blog.

Thanks a lot.Keep blogging....


Cheers

Clementina