Sunday, October 03, 2010

SKERRRR, BAM!

Well, it's been a week and I think I may be over my trauma enough to relate what happened to my Toyota Camry.

It got HIT!

There.  That's the long and short of it.  I was attending the D.M. Gremlin Studio monthly open house.  We were just warming up.  A few folks were had begun taking pictures and the rest were kind of hanging out and chatting.



Yeah, kind of like in this picture.

We all heard a crash and lots of commotion from outside.  I'd parked on Atlantic Avenue, right in front of the building.



I could tell from the sound of the impact that the cras had happened very close and I knew right away that it was likely I would fine that my car was involved.

We all rushed outside and what I was thinking was quickly confirmed.



The silver car (a Dodge Caliber I believe) had somehow been involved in a collision with another car.  Both were traveling South on Atlantic.  One car impacted a tree in the center divider.  The Dodge struck the front driver's side of my car and the rear driver's side of the car parked in front of me.

Yeah, did you pick up on that?  We were both parked and nowhere near our cars.

Ouch.



I'm glad it was mostly property damage.  The driver of the Dodge suffered some injury, but it seemed to not be life threatening.  I've seen worse, so I know.  It could have been a LOT worse.



I'm insured.  I have a fairly high deductible, but I should eventually get that back.

It was just one of those oddly familiar moments to me, because I started my news career in Bakersfield.  Car accidents were a big deal back when I started and a four vehicle wreck with an injured party would have had us dashing across town to get the shot.

No news crews showed up for this.

I didn't think of it at the time, but maybe I could have shot some video of the scene and-- Naw, I think I better just accept that this was news worthy only to me and the other people involved.

I kind of hate to say it, but, well, maybe next time.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comment:

#167 Dad said...

at least your dented car has a working transmission