Monday, November 08, 2010

JLOP -vs- Hollywood Boulevard: Round 5 (or 6?)

We have cameras. We mostly have nothing important to do on a Friday night. We really like hanging out with each other, talking about photography and snapping pictures.



That's all it takes. The call goes out and someone figures out where to meet up.

Sometimes more, sometimes less, but we generally do get together each month.



On a Friday night, I think most of us are up late anyway. It seems like a reasonable thing to meet for a couple of hours after midnight and jam.



Okay, well, the photography equivalent of jamming.



So, that's what we did again this past Friday night. After my shift of shooting news I met up with friends and we snapped pictures instead of sitting at home.

You know, I love being able to get out of my comfort zone.



It's not for money and I don't think we'll ever be famous for it. It's just for the love of the art of photography.



Shucks, even if it might seem ambitious to call it art. . .



. . .every picture each of us takes has the potential to make us better at something we love to do.



That makes it worth every minute of lost sleep. Again, not a bad way to spend a Friday night.

Happy Monday, people.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

3 comments:

Clif said...

Excellent pictures, Bryan! I always enjoy your Justice League photographs.

beFrank said...

Clif - Thanks for the kind words. I'm still looking forward to the day we can have all (okay, both) branches of the JLOP get together for a shoot.

#167 Dad said...

I especially dig the shot of the girls in the car...
it's - dynamic.