Friday, November 05, 2010

Whoa. The Election Was Tuesday? Duuuuuude.

It's kind of late, but what the heck, you know? The Friday before the election I was with Dave Bryan at a press conference at the Glendale Police Department.

There was a lot of people sharing the stage that day. I don't remember who was the main group behind the presser (you know me, not always big on little details). . .



. . .but that's Barbara Boxer (Feinstein! Okay, I know it's Dianne Feinstein. My thanks to all who discreetly pointed out I wrote the wrong name when I first posted this at 4:00am. at the microphone. For those who made a very public show of pointing out my goof, I'm so veeeerrry thankful.) She was speaking out against Prop 19. You remember Prop 19? That was the little pot smokey proposition.

All the people behind the podium wanted prop 19 to fail.

It did.



Prop 19 did not pass and I'm pretty sure the people who were all oh-so-very-serious about it not passing were pretty happy that they got their way.

I bet some of them celebrated the victory.

As I stood there with my camera rolling, listening to the speeches cautioning people against the lies and deceptions of the people who support Proposition 19.



All those people and I would be very surprised if none of them drank something or smoked something now or at some point in their lives.

I've been known to have a beer every now and then and I bet the people with the serious looks on their faces might do the same.

This is one of those stories that I cover it and wonder just what it is that I don't know. I'm not a smoker, so I don't feel particularly passionate about the issue one way or the other. It just does seem unlikely that none of the people campaigning against the legalization of marijuana ever light up.

I just wonder.

Did Barbara (FEINSTEIN!) have a glass of wine at the end of the day? Did any of the people standing up there maybe take a hypocritical puff?

I expect that the law will change someday.

Maybe then, I'll get to know some of the things that I don't know right now.

It won't change my life, but it's something to look forward to.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

3 comments:

planetary said...

That's why drugs are illegal. If you do a story, as least, find out who is actually speaking behind the podium. That was Diane Feinstien, not Barbara Boxer. I expect the law to change on day myself, but people how operate heavy machinery or do blogsites should tote lightly on the blunt and pass, then not go to work.

beFrank said...

Thanks. BTW, You're dead to me.

#167 Dad said...

We both know that the makers and sellers of booze pay - er...contribite a lot of money to politicians like Mizz Dianne to make sure they don't have to compete with wacky tobacky...