Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hugh Hefner Gets Honored (and another guy got hit by a train).

I had this long post started that covered the last couple of weeks, which have actually been pretty cool as far as my news assignments go.

I was writing and it was getting way too long winded.




With my short attention span and lack of free time, it seemed better to just cut to the most recent assignment that seemed worth mentioning.

I was at (okay, covering) the los Angeles City Historical Society's annual dinner where Hugh Hefner accepted an award for his generous donation which helped preserve the Hollywood sign and the land around it.



Hef is getting up there.  You know, I can't help but think that most people just want to know if he had any arm candy with him.



Yup, he did.  That's Anna and Chrystal.  Chrystal Harris was the Miss December 2009 and is one of Hef's current girlfriends.



Anna Berglund is the magazine's Miss January 2011.

Interesting to me is the fact that I went to this assignment after covering the Metro subway train accident at Hollywood and Vine.

A guy got hit by the train and was in pretty bad condition.



I hope he's okay.  It seemed like a miracle that he survived at all.  Hmm, I suuppose I could post at least one picture from that assignment.



There.  That's the entrance to the Hollywood and Vine Station where the accident happened.  We weren't allowed to go in, so there wasn't a lot to see.  We had one live shot for the 5:00pm newscast.

Not too bad of a day at the office.  I wouldn't mind getting another day like that one.  Just maybe without anyone getting hurt.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: