Saturday, April 16, 2011

Let's Be Adults About This (18+)

I'm not sure if I should put a content advisory warning on this post. It's not what I consider to be "work safe" and probably not suitable for anyone under 18.

The reason why I'm not blurring it out is because, well, I saw everything up close with my own two eyes and I don't feel particularly emotionally traumatized.

No more than usual, at least.

Every now and then, we get an assignment that pushes the envelope of good taste and acceptability for our newscast. Do we cover our ears, mouth and eyes?

Nope.

We do the story anyway.

Those are sex toys on the table in the above picture. Yes, that is a reciprocating saw on the table.

Melissa McCarty and I had to tell the story about a sexually themed workshop/performance without being too specific about the actual content of the sexually themed workshop/performance.

Easier said than done. There were posters and devices of many varieties everywhere you turned. Even the words and images that "might" be misinterpreted had to be carefully considered.

I managed to shoot enough to cover the package, but it was tight-- wait, see what I mean?

In case you're wondering, the saw doesn't use a blade, it uses a custom attachment to adapt it for use with other custom attachments (wink-wink, nudge-nudge).

What? Use your imagination.



Okay, I lost my nerve and edited the most graphic of the pictures. Not because I feel that there was anything wrong with it, but because I don't want to impose what "I'm okay with seeing" on readers who might not want to be exposed to more graphic images.